Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Doctor Visit...

Oh the fun.  I went to the doctor today on a follow up visit although I feel like more got accomplished in this visit than in the last one.  I am being put on medicine for my high blood pressure and well he had one all called in and I went and picked it up.  It is one that I am allergic to.  VERY VERY SUCKY I bought the stupid thing now I can't get rid of it cause once you pay for it and it leaves the pharmacy you can't bring it back...so I guess that I am stuck w/ this medicine that I can't take.

I like to read up on new meds that I am given and I was looking at this one's info and it said that if you are allergic to sulfa drugs you can't take this one.  I texted my doctor (yes a privilege that most patients don't have) and told him that I am allergic so gladly he will be calling in the different prescription for me tomorrow.

No, I am not looking forward to going to the bathroom more cause I just gotta go but if it helps my blood pressure go down and maybe it helps me feel a bit more calm (yea right) it might be worth it.  Plus I'll bet I'll loose some weight which of course will all be water weight, not that I overly care at this point because the scale will be going down.

So I get to visit the doctor again in 3 weeks to see how this medicine is going for me and by then I will have seen the hematologist.

I really have to get over this whole being 1 of 6,852,472,823 cause it is getting really old really fast.  I can't have anything that makes me drowsy (cause we are trying to get rid of it why take medicine that makes you feel that way), I can't have any that thin my blood (stupid vonWillenbrands), and finally I can't have any that I am allergic to (yea that's not pretty).  Sigh oh well.  I guess things could be worse and my doctor could not know all this about me and just forge blindly ahead making blunders; or even worse I hadn't read the information packet that they send home with your medicine and not realized that it is something that I am allergic to until after I had the nasty rash to contend with I would not have been happy camper I can tell you that much!!!

I am starting to feel a bit better though and have some more energy although I am so stressed that my blood pressure is out of sight but I am hoping that that will be corrected and I will start feeling like WAY SUPER BETTER!!!!!  Plus I am looking forward to the scale to start being my friend a bit more cause it is going down and not up cause I would really like to loose the weight that I have and it really isn't easy.  I guess that I didn't really address that situation today but I am hoping that with the more energy and the loss of the extra water that I know I have that maybe I will feel up to doing more and playing more which would be totally awesome!

No comments: