Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Decisions Decisions
Yesterday I went to the Orthodontist and got new bands put on my teeth so they pull once again. He also decided that he wants me to have 2 more teeth pulled so that my front teeth will be able to slide back...yes slide back so I will have my braces on longer and I was hoping he might tell me that I might have them off for Christmas this year. Yay my hopes have been shot down = ( . I'm just not sure if I should have my other teeth pulled I mean really gosh! The ONLY reason why I have braces in the first place is because of some quack dentist who drilled too deep and caused a tooth to abscess (he thought he would get a lot of money by putting a crown on it) and so I had it and my baby tooth pulled, the baby tooth just never had an adult one to replace it. I guess if I do have them pulled I won't be looking at getting more screws put into my jaw, yes I said screws. I guess because my lower jaw is set back far (I didn't realize this, dang I hate it when people point out physical flaws like that and make me feel all weird about it) that I couldn't afford to loose anymore um I guess...well I dunno I guess I just couldn't do what is usually done and having the teeth meet in the middle when they close a gap; here is where the screws come in. They are anchored in my jaw so they won't move and then they attach powerful bands to my back teeth and pull them forward. It only hurt a bit, Tylenol is my best friend now, and the gaps have been totally closed. My orthodontist isn't pleased with my overbite. I told him that I have always had one but he wants me to think about having 2 of my upper teeth pulled and I just really am not sure! I don't know what the heck to do cause I know that if I agree my smile will be a bit better but on the down side it means more pain because of the gaping holes that will be created in my jaw. Yes those holes will be filled faster because my teeth will be pulled back into them and they won't have a chance like on the bottom to fill in on their own. Woe is me? If I don't have the teeth pulled then he will just work with what I have and I might end up with a bite that slips a bit because it doesn't match up quite right. Dang it I wish I wasn't faced with these kinds of decisions. I'll probably end up getting the teeth pulled cause I want my bite to be good again and I'll probably just have to put up with the pain I just wish he hadn't suggested it...I hate that. Curse you Summers! He knows I don't really mean it. I am at least going to see if I can get a lot of the stuff that needs to be done when he pulls the teeth. How I am going to pay for it is a whole other matter but I'll probably just have them pulled and stop worrying about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment