Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holiday Mix Up??

Starting last Saturday my favorite local radio station started playing Christmas music...I'm just not sure what to put after that but I am thinking that they are going on the banned music list until after Thanksgiving...every morning when I wake up and hear Christmas Music I just start to feel all dazed and disoriented cause I'm not really sure if Thursday is Thanksgiving or if it is really Christmas Day. I think it is sad because Thanksgiving is becoming just another day (because we don't buy presents at Thanksgiving is why I think retailers and others are trying to push it out of the picture). I think that Thanksgiving should ALWAYS be special!!! It is a time for giving thanks for all that you have...a time to reflect on the year and take a pause out of your busy life and just be with and think about friends and family. I know most people do that at Christmas but I am one who starts that sort of thinking at Thanksgiving time.

I think that Thanksgiving is the ONLY way to kick off the Christmas season! Without Thanksgiving...I'm just not sure if everyone would be in a truly thankful type of mood for Christmas. That and Christmas is NOT about the presents...I mean comon...you show your kids how much you love them by how much you get them??? That is beyond stupid and absurd!!

I think I am going to go kill our radios or else change them to the country stations until after Thursday because the lady DJ who started the whole let's play Christmas music before Thanksgiving thinks that this is totally wonderful that they are playing the music now...I usually find it a treat when on Friday, black Friday, I get up and I can listen to Christmas Music while I beat my way through the crowds....not really....JK!!!! I do like to listen to it while I am waiting for that one store that I was going to go to opens...it is nice...but this year it has just been ruined for me with them playing the Christmas music sooo early!!

Ok I guess I am done ranting and raving...plus I still have to go help my Grandma clean up her kitchen to get it ready for Thursday... have fun and don't zonk out too bad from the ultra yummy turkey!!!!

No comments: