Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Bit More about Goings On

Ok so when I posted this morning of course there was a whole ton of stuff that I totally forgot about.

One of the way awesome things that I forgot about is that Lowell is signed up for "Kids Bowl Free" which lets him bowl 2 free games every day all summer long and I signed us up for the family pass which means that Max and I also get 2 free games every day for the entire summer. Plus then I went over to Pine Bowl, they are the local bowling alley that signed up to participate in this, and asked them about the shoe rental pass and they said it was $10 per person and I thought, "man that is a steal!" so I got one each for Max and Lowell and now when we want to go bowling (which I try to go every day except Sunday) it is basically like going for free because everything is already bought. :) Plus for the cost of the games and everything that we would normally have to pay out of pocket because of this family pass it is already bowling for free because I have gone so many times already with Lowell that I have more than spent the cost of the family pass.

Another thing that is so awesomely going on that I have been doing is I finally got out my sewing machine again. I just love to sew I really do! I was working on some sewing projects and I have had a hand of friendship extended to me by Beverly Jones and I was at her house using her surger, which was like totally awesome of her, something I had never ever done before but was finding kind of fun; and she was piecing together parts of a re-usable shopping bag and I was asking her what she was doing and she said that her purse is one of the Miche purses, and of course at the time I had NEVER even heard of that, and that you can buy and have changeable outsides to your purse but she had figured why not just sew a slip cover for her purse and save herself at least $20 a cover. I looked at her purse and I was just thinking to myself that that was just too big so after I got home I got online and looked up Miche and found a mini.

I love my mini Miche purse it is so awesome and I decided that I would look online and see what kind of options there were for different covers for the purses and I found that there were only the magnetic ones that would cost me $13 and that practically no one else (other than the once in a great while) was selling the slip covers for the Mini Miche and so I thought hey there is a good option! So since then I have bought fabric (some to Max's dismay) and made slip covers until I have pretty much perfected how they look and they look pretty darn professional. I do once in a while have my little slip ups but I do at least try them on my purse for the fit after I make each one so I know it will at least fit. I have sold several and I am hoping that I will continue to sell more and that it will be awesome! I sell them on Etsy which is awesome and my mom sells them on e-bay. My Etsy name is: ceserous and my mom's e-bay name is: happykitty54 and we both sell the slip covers.

I have sold almost enough that I could buy the full sized Miche bag if I wanted to but I am thinking that I might save up and get some new bowling shoes or saving up for our SUPER AWESOME vacation that we have planned in August w/ my mom of going to Yellowstone. We are planning on eating out at least one meal and day and if we do that in the park it is a bit spendy even if you do know of and eat at the cheaper places.

Plus on a little side note I have started writing a book about my what-if story...I am not too far into it and I am not totally sure at this point if I even want to finish it but I have at least made a start on it...

Ok enough for this post...my gosh!

No comments: