My gosh I just can't believe that it is already June!!! So many many things have been going on. Talk about running around like a chicken w/ it's head cut off! Lowell went to Kindergarten this year and at Christmas timeish (I really should write these things down huh?) his teacher, Mrs. Holt, was bragging on him saying that she had given him a reading test and he was at a 3rd grade reading level!!
I knew he was smart but he is starting to blow me away! I also was thinking that with what he has learned academically he should probably be in grade 1 or 2 but I didn't really want to mention it because I think that it is great for him to have friends and be able to make friends with kids that are his own age. We are however going to work this summer on a 1st grade workbook and there are some things in there that are just review (like most of school right?) and then there are actually some new things.
I was laughing really hard when Max came up to me and told me that Lowell said that he knew multiplication and then Max decided to try him on a bit of algebra and Lowell looked at the problem and said "oh the answer is..." and gave Max the correct answer.
We have Lowell reading this summer and we are going to see if he can get some of the prizes for reading the most books this summer because I think that he could do it and really enjoy it. He so far likes the read the "Jigsaw Jones" books and I have gotten him started on reading "Knights of Right" which is a series I found at Deseret Book and it looked like it wouldn't be too hard but still he might like it with more adventure and a bit of mystery. He seems to really like mystery and I have never been one for it so it is a bit of a challenge to find books for him and then I feel like I have to read the books as well so that I can ask him what the book was about and when he answers me I will know if he really did read the book or if he is just quoting from the back of the book. I do trust him or at least I want to trust him to know that he read the whole book but it is good to make sure plus the books that he is reading aren't that overly hard they take me maybe a couple of hours each to read so it isn't that overly taxing.
Next week I will be going back to Idaho Falls to see the doctor and to see if there is anything else we can do because last Sunday my eyes were bulging so bad I was halfway worried that my right eye might literally pop out of the socket because it really was that far out. Since my thyroid has been killed my eyes have always bulged a little but never quite that bad...but at least it would explain the headaches that I have been having and why I have to keep going back to the chiropractor to see if he can fix me up.
Max is not a sanitation worker at Heinz any more and we are so happy about that. It might sound crazy but we really are happy about it because Max was so stressed that he was starting to get really sick and quite often! Heinz just doesn't give their sanitation workers enough time to clean the machines and so of course you can't get them all the way clean like they really should be plus I am really sure that if something were to happen like someone were to have an allergic reaction to something in the meal that shouldn't have been there because the line wasn't clean and so it stayed there that Heinz would figure out a way to pin it on Max and that Max would have a serious fight on his hands not to mention all the legal stuff...
Max is going back to school now and he is going into the computer networking. He is going to school at Steven's Henegar and they said that the would only be taking 1 class at a time but so far they have him signed up for 2 which is NOT what they said but I guess it is better than going to ISU and trying to take like 3 or 4...but I am not liking what the "professors" do there where they know that you don't have that overly much time to work on the homework because you are probably working full time and everything and yet they don't even do the broadcasts until Wednesday and yet they want all the homework which is sometimes up to three papers that are up to 500 words long are due by midnight on Friday night and so that is putting a bit of a crunch on Max trying to get them done and turned in.
So now Lowell is all graduated from Kindergarten and Max is still working at Heinz but he is going to school again and I am just trying to get by with my stupid dead thyroid...yea I know whine whine whine...I am just hoping that I can have better news next time I post...and I really am going to make sure that I post to this more often because I hate having to write a novel every time I want to update my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment