Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sensory Safari

This morning Max was reading the news paper and he saw that the Sensory Safari was here at the Portneuf Library until June 13.  We had wanted to go to it when it was in American Falls but we weren't able to go and plus we sort of forgot a bit.  And so we went to the Portneuf and were there when they opened today and we got to see all the animals and of course touch them as that is the whole point of the sensory part.  It was totally awesome!!!

 Lowell now claims his favorite animal is the Lion :) aren't they nice kitties?

 He was touching the Quail and behind is the Wolverine...it was just awesome to actually get to touch the fur!

 A picture with a REAL Red Fox and the Arctic Fox behind him...the Arctic Fox was SUPER soft!

 The Fallow Deer and behind him the Warthog. Lowell said the Warthog was really prickly and don't touch it. LOL

 The Cougar was watching his every move in this picture.  For usually looking like such angry animals their fur sure is soft!

 I guess he was checking to see if the deer was hungry...

 He wanted to hold the River Otter's paw and his fur was soft too :)

 The Badger and the Pine Martin....awesome!  Plus they had some skulls out that you could pick up and look at but the jaws were glued shut so you couldn't open and close them.

 This is a Eland....HUGE eh?  I love the antlers and how twisty they are.  It's amazing they grow out of the animal's head like that and everything huh?

A Cape Buffalo....I asked Lowell what it was and he said that it was a Buffalo and I said yep but what kind and he said black...I was laughing a bit at that but it was a VERY GOOD guess!

 Petting the Zebra.  What a nice Zebra.  Max was asking Lowell if the Zebra felt stripy and I was showing Lowell how the mane will never lie down.

The Brown Bear.  It was awesome but I didn't take the picture fast enough.  Lowell was over there giving it a hug and Max wanted him to put his hand in the bear's mouth...

I  know it seems like we do a lot but hey it is summer and so they have a lot of cool awesome things to do.  I am so glad that we were able to go.  They also had out a table of skins that you could go up to and pet and everything and it was just totally awesome to be able to walk up to the table and pet the skins and see how soft they were.  They had a Raccoon and Weasels and Beavers.  Sadly with the Beavers they didn't still have their tails but they were soft.

No comments: