Thursday, June 16, 2011

Doctor Visit....BLEH

I went to the doctor today again...oh happy happy joy joy...I think I liked the PA better...he at least had the guts to come in and tell us that he was in WAY over his head and that he had NO idea what was really wrong with me.  We go see the "MD" and all he can do is sit there and go over my chart and talk into his voice recorder like there isn't anyone else in the room.  Max hears him talking about how I am suppose to be taking my medications and he is like wait what...and the doctor give him a harassed look and tells Max how I should be taking my medicine with an attitude of "every idiot should of course know this!" and then goes right back to talking into his recorder...when I do actually want to discuss my problems with him which he VERY OBVIOUSLY didn't want to do he will only give me extreme choices...like I can either stay on iron pills forever and do nothing about my bleeding problem or I can just get a uterine ablation done there are NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES in his mind...I was getting really close to asking him if he wanted to have the ablation done to himself...cause I would figure out a way...

Needless to say I am VERY VERY disappointed and more than a little angry about the way I was treated!!!!  I am going to be getting a different doctor...and I am thinking it might end up being an OB/GYN even though my thyroid might be a bit above his head and I know that my vonWillenbrands (I have type 1 and it is a bleeding disorder) will probably be a bit over his head too but I am thinking that the doctor that I have in mind might work out VERY well for me and I think that he would be willing to take on my thyroid and my bleeding disorder...and if he isn't willing to work with me then I am thinking that I might end up going to a hematologist because I am thinking that I might be going after the wrong problem.  The problem I was going after was the thyroid and it might actually be just fine and my whole problem could be from my vonWillenbrands so I am thinking that for a while I am going to be attacking some of the issues it could be causing.

No comments: